Absent Fathers, and the Forgiveness Model (1)
Time & Location
About The Event
Currently there is no official diagnosis of, or terminology for an individual who is suffering from the effects of growing up without a father. Yet contemporary research and statistics demonstrate that it is an epidemic, and an issue that is escalating. It is critical that mental health practitioners are equipped with the skills to better inform their clinical practice in how to address paternal absence. Forgiveness needs to be understood as an option in treating patients in the clinical environment.
Over 1 million children in the UK are growing up without any meaningful contact with their fathers; and the number of single-parent families is rapidly increasing - rising to over 25% in a few decades. We cannot underestimate the impact and scars of growing-up fatherless on the individual and society.
Absent Fathers & the Forgiveness Model Workshop
Benefits and learning outcomes;
By the end of this workshop you will know:
- About the stages of the forgiveness model and when to best apply them.
- What forgiveness is and what it is not within a therapeutic setting.
- know more about your own process and misconceptions and about forgiveness.
- Add to your tool box and skill set.
- Know more about clinical research in relation to the forgiveness model.
- Learn the different effects for men or woman who are suffering from the effects of an absent father.
- Explore the legacy of 'absent father', in which to better understand loss and anger.
The Forgiveness Model
During the course of the day we will learn about the stages of the forgiveness model by Robert Enright, which has been empirically validated by the American Psychological Association.
Workshop date, address & cost
Saturday May 8, 2019 , October 20th, 10am - 5pm
Brockenhurst Village Hall,
New Forest, SO42 7RY.
Cost: £90 (£60 concessions)
Payable by cheque (to ‘Meditation Circle’) or via Paypal. Please click on the blue button below to book your place.
This workshop provides 6 hours of certificated CPD. It is being developed for submission to the BPS ‘CPD Approval Scheme’; and as part of this process is reviewed to ensure that it reflects contemporary learning and practice.
- Brockenhurst Sunday 17th Feb£90£900£0