What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a practice that has developed over some 2,500 years. It is defined as “paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” (Jon Kabat-Zinn).
Daniel J Siegel tells us that “Mindfulness in its most general sense is about waking up from a life on automatic.” And Sharon Salzberg that “Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention in a way that creates space for insight.
Benefits of mindfulness one-to-one instruction include:
- Bespoke sessions, tailored specifically to your own particular needs after an initial consultation with the teacher, a dedicated time for you, including to discuss specific relevant issues.
- You develop the ability to work at your own pace, and discuss your personal progress whilst getting more in-depth support.
- You create a private, safe, nurturing environment.
- The Meditation Circle offers private one-to-one mindfulness sessions with one of our experienced mindfulness teachers in a purpose built meditation room in the heart of the New Forest. Home visits can also be arranged.
- Each course is tailor-made to suit your needs, and is held at a time to suit you. Areas that we work with include stress, depression and pain management.
- Each session lasts for 60 or 90 minutes and can be weekly, monthly, or designed as an 8 or 10-week course based on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
- Sessions are structured around you, but typically can include basic or advanced mindfulness instruction, discussion, sitting, walking & lying meditation, body scan, loving kindness meditation etc.
Standard prices: 1 hour – £40 / 90 minutes – £60
Discounts available for block booking.
You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf” (Jon Kabat-Zinn)